Monday, June 29, 2009

Why I still read


Ranging from books, novels, magazines, newspapers, encyclopedia, dictionaries, and other written mediums. Of all, my favorites are the books, newspaper, and the dictionary.

My liking of books started when I was kindergarten. The storybooks with lots of big-colorful illustrations is what I enjoyed browsing! Even if that time, I still starting to learn to read. My influence has been by parents. Seeing them holding the books and newspaper, which I imitate. (You know, children used to copy what older people are reading).

My interest in dictionary started when my English teacher in high school required us new words to be written down on a notebook. That's why I started scanning the dictionary by force. Today, I appreciate my teacher's effort because I realized the importance of gaining new words and its useful.

I also tried reading novels, my favorite are the one's of Robert Ludlum and Clive Staples Lewis. I read novels when I'm in a good mood, because it requires some time with its thick pages, in short patience.

Currently, I switched to books with personal growth excellence and Christian living. I noticed as years go by my taste of books to read changes.

My purpose of reading books and other written materials are learning and personal development.

To end, I want to leave a quote my friend told me once, " Learning doesn't stops when you finish schooling, learning only stops when you are dead".

No comments:

Post a Comment