Monday, June 22, 2009

Are you a hundred percent ?!


I am a Filipino citizen by birth, a registered voter (still waiting for my ID), a highlander, a lowlander, and of course living in the Philippines.

If you ask me, by blood? My answer will be, " I'm not sure." Not sure because, looking back in our country's history. The first human beings came from the islands of Asia. The Negritos settled some 30,000 years ago. The Malay people who originated from the Taiwanese aborigines settled some 6000 years ago. The Spaniards around 1565. The Americans around 1898. The Japanese around 1941. Plus the local people who existed before all of the above came. If you still want my answer. I will just do a guess of taking a percentage of each of the above stated people group.

How I wish there is a device that can determine what races are in your blood and identify where your ancestors are from, or invent something like that. Dreaming?!

To conclude, I can say, "I am a Filipino!" by legal papers. By blood, I'm part this and that, but still a Filipino, even if I cannot claim that I am pure blooded.



No comments:

Post a Comment